Thursday, March 25, 2010

Italian Cookies

I found this recipe and was
testing to see if it was "Easter worthy"
so few things are around here
hhmm let me see
there is my spinach dip
(can't even tell you how easy this is shhh don't tell my kids.
I keep that part secret with lots of grunting and pan rattling)
crock-pot mac n chz
dangerous stuff I'm tellin' ya
and my sister's olive salsa


~ Here's the recipe ~


ITALIAN COOKIES

6 c. flour
2 c. sugar
5 eggs
6 tsp. baking powder
2 tbsp. lemon extract
2 sticks butter

By hand in large bowl mix butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla, then mix baking powder in well, then flour. Knead well adding more flour if too sticky. Bake at 325 degrees for about 12 minutes. Keep checking bottom of cookies, when golden brown they're done. Frost with glaze and colorful sprinkles.


the original recipe called for vanilla extract
however I am a lemon lover
lova, lova
so I substituted

I am a take-and-break kinda cookie maker
so I second guessed my self the whole time about the texture
so let me just go ahead and tell ya
the batter is thick and can get sticky
so go ahead and take your rings off
we rolled them into an egg shape
ya know for Easter and all



fresh out of the oven



Glaze
3-3/4 cups confectioner's sugar
5 to 6 Tbsp. milk
2 tsp lemon extract

assorted nonpareils

this glaze also called for vanilla

but again I
used lemon

and let me just tell you


~perfecto~




the recipe says it makes 7 dozen
I didn't count but I will say that I was up to
ma' elbows in cookies
so
my best neighbors, some of the neighborhood kids,
my daughter took some { a dozen}
and Barrett's teachers




and this is what you get when you let short kids decorate



he loved helping and his teachers loved his gift

happy Easter ya'll


I linked up here:

The Girl Creative

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to know what you think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails