Friday, March 5, 2010

i need a lil' therapy



so I have this tin of buttons

it sits in the top drawer of my nightstand

it is old and faded

it is full of mismatched buttons



when i am sad i open it and run my fingers through them

it is therapeutic for me

these were my Nana's buttons

when i was little she would let me play in them

i would sit in the floor and dump them out and put them back in

checking each one as i returned it to it's tin

on rainy days we would play
checkers with the black and white ones



she has been gone for five years

i miss her



i hope my children have their grandmother

as long as i had mine.







1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post. It touched my heart because I too would play for hours with my grandma's buttons. I miss my grandma. She died last year of Alzheimer's but she hadn't really been with me for at least 14 years before that. She was a wonderful amazing person.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to know what you think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails